Monday, July 27, 2015

Pasting My Paintings into a Solid Black Shape aka "Paste Into"


The inside of each entity is one of my digital paintings or digital photograph. I paste that painting into a solid black shape, usually a silhouette of a person or object.









I showed you this trick once before and you can refresh your memory by going here:
The key images and steps in that process are:



Below is a solid black image of a turtle if anyone wishes to try this. If you get stuck, just email me and I'll talk you through the rest of the way. GIMP is free image editing software if you don't want to buy anything. It is what I used for this demo. Unfortunately, Pixelmator does not yet do this "paste into" trick.
download GIMP

Also, I found some tutorials for copy and paste into
Gimp and Photoshop both do this technique in exactly the same way. 
tutorial at photoshop essentials
tutorial at essential-photoshop-elements


No comments:

Post a Comment