Friday, July 10, 2015

Making Posters Using Only Template Pieces

The main point of this entry is that you can use ANY program's templates to EXTRACT PIECES of them to use in an overall art work. You do not have to use the whole template. In fact, most templates are pretty bad as overall art works. You will do much better with the pieces. In case you have no interest in this subject but like the posters, I have free high res ones waiting for you over at TpT. Just download & print.

FREE HIGH RES DOWNLOADS OF POSTERS
Alcohol Drugs Poster, free high res version for printing is here
Sex Crimes Poster, free high res version for printing is here
Homicide Posterfree high res version for printing is here
Surrogacy Poster,  free high res version for printing is here 
Criminal Defenses Posterfree high res version for printing is here
Property Crimes Poster,  free high res version for printing is here 

Now scroll up and look at my first poster again. Those interesting splash images I got from using just a PIECE of a PAGES template. Below left is the template, which is pretty boring except for that one shape. I inserted my own image inside the shape and then put it into my above poster. Below right is the first splash image I made. I made three more of them for my poster.

The top image is a poster I made. I used a PIECE from another PAGES template. The template is below left. Below right is a blow-up of the way I used that piece for my poster. 


This is the simplest one so far. I used a blank flash card template, below left. I put images and words on the blank template. Then I just extracted a piece of my result for the poster. Bottom left is the flashcard template.. Bottom right is one of the pieces I made from it.


With this one I wanted to put the pregnant woman with some text into the house shapes on the below left template. I dragged out those shapes once I got the image inside of it and then pasted it into my poster. It was a very fast way to get that shape plus the dotted lines which go around it.


I wanted just a bit of this big blue shape around a face that is on the bottom left template. I cut away most of the blue as too much. Then I pasted it into my poster. Blown up version is bottom right.


I wanted most of the pictures in this poster to be on a jagged slant. So I used the left below template, the image of the house. The blown up version is bottom right. Angles and slants catch the eye more than one square after another does.


No comments:

Post a Comment