Monday, March 16, 2015

Part I: Amanda Knox & the Murder of Meredith Kercher

On March 25, 2015 the Italian courts will again be ruling on the Amanda Knox case, vaulting it instantly front and center on all American news shows. This is perhaps the most fascinating murder case to play
out on the international legal stage. She was an American college student who was an exchange student in Italy, accused and convicted of murdering her roommate. If I were a young person contemplating going to another country to study for a year, I might interpret that to mean "Canada" after delving into this case. I certainly would not even consider going to Italy. (I say this as someone who is ethnically half Italian.) Think I'm being overly alarmist? Read this account and the conclusion on Friday and you tell me if you want to ever hear your grandchild will be studying at this Italian university. I really doubt it.








Part II of this entry is here

No comments:

Post a Comment