Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Personal Safety Apps & Devices ~ Carol's Research Findings

Go Here
As you know from Monday's entry, I had to do a lot of research into crime prevention for Felix's third CE show. I didn't find it surprising that the hottest new trends are to either put security devices onto your phones as apps and/or put it right on you as a wearable accessory. So today I am sharing all of the items which have come onto the market either to secure your safety or to help you locate your stuff if you are prone to losing everything.  I have not put these into any particular order. I know the one I thought the tackiest was Stiletto after I went there and watched its video. Their model is a Kim Kardashian clone and we see her flouncing around with the gaudiest piece of jewelry imaginable as her security device. I hated it, which means it will be a runaway hit, I bet. The last one, Guardly, seems like way too much to me for an ordinary person to use but this is a very individual matter which will vary per person considerably. I have NO affiliation with any of these products or the people who sell them.

I can see why any of these would be good for seniors but they also struck me as being good for female college students. These are all image captures of their primary sales pitch page. Then a link follows to take you to the website. Typically there is a video for you to play so you can see the device in action with a woman who is out and about. Although this is aimed primarily at women, if you are a senior man, especially one with some disabilities, I think you might want to at least look at these and mull them over for the future. I will assume there is NO man who would wear Stiletto though or at least I hope not. 

Go Here

Go Here

Go Here

Go Here


Go Here

Go Here

Go Here

Go Here

Go Here

No comments:

Post a Comment